Monday, June 20, 2005

Uninsured Walker

I have a shitty walking record. I am clumsy. Extremely clumsy. I trip and fall and walk into things and often times give the appearance of being a little bit inebriated when in fact I am not (or I am). This is the hand I have been dealt in life. I played and lost on Saturday.

Details: Freemont, Solstice parade, noonish… talking to 2 people at the same time whose combined height was around 14 feet (read: TALL) so I was looking up while walking/talking while having just had a mimosa(s) while simultaneously craning my neck to watch naked people on bicycles…. while stepping off a curb that I HAD NO IDEA WAS THERE.….and falling…on my face. Actually, my face is fine, but my knee is not. It’s all bruised and swollen and gnarly and skinned. It's 5th grade, all over again.

That Mary Hart (Entertainment Tonight. Collagen injected lips. Big hair. Familiar?) may be onto something when she insured her legs. I'm calling Allstate now.

Look! People NOT falling down at the parade:

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters