Friday, June 24, 2005

Voyeuristic Friday

I work in downtown Seattle on the 16th floor of an office building. The views are nice. Some days they are nicer than others.

To the north I see the Cascade Mountains. To the west is Alki beyond Elliott Bay. To the south lies a bunch of office buildings with Mt. Rainer tucked behind. And today, to the east, I saw people having sex in a hotel room.

People have sex in hotel rooms all the time, right? Right. But I don't need to see it. At 9 am. From my office. Surrounded by a herd of (male) coworkers who swarmed to the window like a pack of hungry dogs after a hamburger that rolled off the grill.

There's a very simple and fairly obvious lesson in all this: if you can see OUT the window, other people can see IN.

Duh.

TGIF.

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters