Friday, July 01, 2005

I Would Like A Refund

In a rare marketing ploy, the No. 2 U.S. movie theater chain, AMC Entertainment, is offering a money-back guarantee for boxing picture "Cinderella Man," hoping to boost interest in the struggling film amid a record box-office slump.

I probably won't ever g0 see Cinderalla Man. Renee Zellweger and her squinty eyed, no tooth smile annoy me. Russell Crowe's Aussie tough guy act is a little hard to stomach since he stopped wearing those thigh candy gladiator skirts. But those (squinty eyed) LA movie execs are onto something with this little money back carrot the have dangled out there.

I saw War Of The Worlds on Saturday night. I'd like my money back. Here's why:


1. Tom Cruise is crazy. Not new news, I know. But I was optimistically hoping that his performance in WOTW would be strong enough to overshadow the cookoo bird persona he has built and cultivated in what has been a remarkably short period of time. TomKat was too strong, it was futile to resist. I couldn't stop seeing a wide eyed, frothy-mouthed monkey man jumping on Oprah's buttercup yellow couch. That image far eclipsed any wow-factor impact the badass special effects were supposed to have on me.

2. The woman who sat behind us is crazy. She does not get out much. At all. You can tell instantly by the way that she laughed her loud hi-pitched horsey laugh on cue at every unfunny, lame one-liner that is aimed at the lowest common denominator of human. She ate loud, she talked loud, she even managed to make sitting still be loud.

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters