Monday, August 15, 2005

Guilty As Charged

I was talking with a British friend about our weekends.
Her's was a good one.

Me:
How was your yard sale?

Her (in clipped English accent) :
It was great. I stopped a cop.

Me:
Stopped a cop? You got pulled over?

Her (in clipped English accent) :
No. I was at the yard sale pricing things. My eyes were all puffy from going out Friday night. I had on workabout shorts. From the corner of my eye I saw the police car pull up and I think "Great. What have we done wrong?"

He officiously strides over and asks where I am from. I instantly think "Oh crap, I don't have my passport." I tell him that my mother is American and my father is British. I tell him that I have a Visa and everything is legit.

Then he was asking about how many individuals were selling items at the yard sale and I instantly think "Oh crap, we don't have a permit and we are going to get fined."

But then came the shocker. He asked for my number. A cop in uniform pulled up to my yardsale and asked me out. I couldn't bloody well believe it. (no joke, she really talks this way.)

Me:
Well well. Mister Policeman had to take down your information? It looks like your only crime was being cute.

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters