Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Maybe I have to have you

It's fun to have things to look forward to. Big things are fun but the little ones are cool too. Some days it's the arrival of a new Vanity Fair in my mailbox. Or the subtle thud of a pitcher of beer being placed in front of me. Or the smell of really good italian food that you're going to have to wait an hour or more for but just know it will be worth it when you actually get a table and sit down. Sometimes I just really look forward to sitting my ass on the couch for a good 4 hour E! update on Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas.

I miss one little big thing that I used to really really look forward to. I miss Howard Stern. I miss his babble about strippers at Scores that were ugly, about Baba Booey's buck teeth, about swinging with John Stamos and Rebecca Romijn-Stamos, about his own small penis size and other inadequacies in bed. I miss hearing things like: "It's ok for a man to commit adultery if his wife is ugly." I miss it when when Richard Simmons brought some fat friends with him and Howard kept tempting them with potatoe chips suspended by a fishing line. I miss his sketch about black people who looked white when he held up various photos: "Now, Lena Horne . . . she look white! Colin Powell--he look white, too! Michael Jackson? He REALLY look white! But guess what? Patrick Swayze . . he really black!"


I love that he never jumped the shark.

Damn satellite radio, maybe I have to have you.

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters