Thursday, August 18, 2005

Not Punk'd

(NOTE: "Me" = Someone else.)

OPEN on me at my gynecologist appointment this afternoon. (I forgot to shave my legs. This wouldn't be such a big deal, except that he's hot.) I am lying on the exam table as my young and very attractive doctor asks me a few questions.

Dr. Garvey: So, anything new or exciting happening in your life these days?

Me: Well, I just bought a place.

Dr. Garvey: That's great! What neighborhood?

Me: Bucktown.

Dr. Garvey: I live in Bucktown too! Great area. What street did you move to?

Me: Well, it's on Dover but the address is 1830 N. Winslet.

Dr. Garvey: Hey, that's my building!

Me: Seriously?

Dr. Garvey: Yeah, really, I live there. So, which unit are you?

Me: (shifting awkwardly in my paper gown) Uh, 314. Top floor, middle building, overlooks the courtyard.

Dr. Garvey: I'm unit 306! You know...I think I actually saw you the other day.

Me: Whoa.

Dr. Garvey: Yeah, yeah. You're balcony faces west, right?

Me: Uh, yeah.

Dr. Garvey: Were you out there the other night reading a cardboard box or something?

Me: Uh, yeah.

Dr. Garvey: That's so funny! What are the chances? My kitchen window looks right out onto your balcony! Hey, can you do me a favor?

Me: Um, okay.

Dr. Garvey: Can you scoot down a few inches and put your feet in these stirrups now?

And the room fades to black AS MY NEIGHBOR GIVES ME A PAP SMEAR.

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters